Houston Personal Injury Attorneys
Our catastrophic accident and serious injury lawyers know how to win in Texas
People get injured every day in Houston and throughout Texas. If you were hurt in an accident caused by another’s negligence, you deserve financial compensation. The legal process is complicated, however, and insurance companies will work against you. Our personal injury lawyers can help you pursue justice and financial compensation.
If you're struggling with a serious injury after an accident, contact the Ferrell Law Group for a free consultation. We'll listen to what happened, answer your questions, and explain your legal options. Our goal is to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve so you can focus on your health and the people and things that matter most to you.
Types of serious personal injuries
The Ferrell Law Group handles many types of serious injury cases, including:
- Slip and fall injuries. These can happen due to wet floors, uneven surfaces, poor lighting, or lack of warning signs. For example, a grocery store that fails to clean up a spill in a timely manner, causing a customer to slip and fall. Common injuries due to slip, trip, and falls include fractured wrists, ankles, and hips; spinal damage, nerve damage, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), as well as painful strains and tears.
- Workplace injuries. Workers throughout Texas put their health on the line every day. Common on-the-job injuries include broken bones, head injuries, electrical burns, hearing loss, carpal tunnel syndrome, and back injuries.
- Product liability injuries. Manufacturers have a duty to make sure their products are safe for consumers. Defective products can cause injuries as well as diseases. Common product liability injuries include burns, cuts and lacerations, suffocation, poisoning, toxic exposure, hearing loss, cancer, choking, and internal organ damage.
- Assault injuries. If someone is physically assaulted, the owner of the premises may be liable for any injuries sustained by the victim – for example, if someone is attacked in a poorly lit parking lot where there is no security.
- Slippery conditions injuries. Slippery condition injuries can occur due to ice on sidewalks or walkways. Property owners have a duty to keep their premises free of hazards. For example, if a store owner fails to clear their sidewalk after an ice storm, causing a customer to slip and fall, the customer may have a case.
Serious injuries can affect victims and their families physically, mentally, and financially. If you were injured due to negligence, you have the legal right to seek compensation for the damages you have suffered, but the legal process can be complicated. Our personal injury attorneys have the experience and resources you need to keep your claim moving forward while you focus on healing.
How long do I have to sue for personal injury in Texas?
In Texas, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years from the date of the incident. That said, there are other deadlines that can apply in some circumstances, and only an attorney can tell you which time limit applies to your case. Therefore, it is essential to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible after being injured in an accident to ensure that your legal rights are protected.
How much compensation can I recover after a serious injury accident?
There’s no simple answer to that question as every case is different. Factors that help determine how much compensation you recover include the seriousness of your injuries, whether you were left with a permanent disability, and any future medical treatment you may need. Another factor is insurance policy limits.
Our Houston personal injury lawyers make the process of collecting your money easy
Seeking compensation after a personal injury accident can be a complex and challenging process. That's why it's important to have an experienced Houston personal injury attorney by your side. At the Ferrell Law Group, we are dedicated to protecting our clients' rights and helping them obtain the compensation they deserve.
Our team of skilled personal injury lawyers will investigate your accident, build a strong case, and negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you receive fair compensation. If a settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to fight for you in court.
We offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you owe us nothing unless we recover compensation on your behalf. Contact the Ferrell Law Group today.