Mesothelioma Trust Fund Claims
Our lawyers make the process of collecting your money easier
Billions of dollars are available to mesothelioma victims and their families through Asbestos Trust Funds, aka Mesothelioma Trust Funds. That’s why patients are encouraged to seek legal counsel specializing in mesothelioma claims and lawsuits upon diagnosis. Some mesothelioma victims collect enough money to cover some, or all, medical costs, while others get awarded even more.
Asbestos Trust Funds, or ATFs, are a valuable resource for mesothelioma victims. They provide financial compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Dozens of companies that filed for bankruptcy due to mesothelioma-related lawsuits have established trust funds for current and future asbestos victims.
However, getting the full compensation you deserve from an ATF is often a battle. We can help.
Our national mesothelioma trust fund lawyers will fight for your right to compensation
The Ferrell Law Group is a national mesothelioma law firm with more than 30 years of experience fighting for the rights of mesothelioma victims and their families. Our asbestos exposure and mesothelioma attorneys have recovered over hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients across all 50 states.
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may qualify to file claims with multiple trust funds. Contact the Ferrell Law Group for a free case consultation to find out.
The 7 steps in the mesothelioma trust fund claim process
To file a claim with an asbestos trust fund, you will be required to provide documented evidence of exposure to asbestos from products manufactured by the company affiliated with the trust fund, along with proof of an asbestos-related condition like lung cancer or mesothelioma. Additional eligibility criteria may apply to some trust funds. The Ferrell Law Group handles all investigations and evidence collecting for our clients. While you focus on your health and the people and things that matter most to you, we get to work.
Every case is different, but in general, here are the steps in the asbestos trust fund claim process.
- Consult a lawyer. Only an experienced asbestos trust fund attorney can tell you if you have a strong case for financial compensation. At the Ferrell Law Group, we offer free case consultations where we can answer questions and evaluate cases.
- Identify the source of the exposure. This may include trust funds set up by companies that manufactured or distributed asbestos-containing products, as well as workers’ compensation benefits, VA benefits, and other financial resources.
- Meet the criteria. There are more than 60 ATFs in the U.S. Each has its own requirements for a payout. Typically, the requirements are based on when and where you were exposed to asbestos and your medical diagnosis.
- Collect evidence. ATFs typically require a mountain of evidence before they will consider your claim. Common pieces of evidence to support an asbestos lung cancer claim include medical records, your pathology report, physician statements confirming the lung cancer diagnosis, witness statements (affidavits), employment records, and receipts.
- File the claim. At the Ferrell Law Group, we use our more than 30 years of legal knowledge to build a strong evidence-based case that uses the law to your advantage. You are kept informed of what’s happening and are as involved, or not involved, in decision-making as you see fit.
- Trustee review. Once your claim has been filed, the trust will review it for eligibility and accuracy. There are two types of review – expedited (considered with a group of claims) and individual. Expedited claims are typically resolved quickly but, if you have a lot of unusual circumstances in your case, an expedited payout may not cover all of your damages. An individual review takes longer to complete but considers all damages.
- The claim is “liquidated.” This means that the fund has determined a payout amount and adjusted it by the payment percentage. Some trusts may begin making payments within 3-4 months. Payments often continue for a year or more depending on the trust.
Note that you can file claims with multiple trust funds, and you may also qualify to file a mesothelioma lawsuit in addition to your trust fund claim or claims. We will explore all available sources of compensation to maximize your recovery.
We take your case seriously. Get more money with a national mesothelioma lawyer
Financial compensation is available for mesothelioma victims, and we can help you get the results you deserve. There is no set standard for how much money and specific cases range across the board. Find out how much your case is worth. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, contact the Ferrell Law Group for a free case evaluation.
The Ferrell Law Group does not charge mesothelioma victims any upfront payments and there are no out-of-pocket fees. Our compensation is a percentage of the financial outcome. That means if we won’t win, you don’t pay us.
Our law firm has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for mesothelioma victims. Find out what we can do for you. Contact the Ferrell Law Group to schedule your free case consultation right now.
Mesothelioma Trust Fund examples
Here are examples of existing ATFs that are accessible to qualifying mesothelioma victims:
- Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Asbestos Personal Injury Settlement Trust. Established in 2006 with an initial funding of $2.06 billion.
- DII Industries, LLC Asbestos Personal Injury Trust. Established in 2005 with an initial funding of $2.51 billion.
- Kaiser Asbestos Personal Injury Trust. Established in 2006 with an initial funding of $1.22 billion.
- Pittsburgh Corning Corporation Asbestos Personal Injury Trust. Established in 2013 with an initial funding of $3.41 billion.
- United States Gypsum Asbestos Personal Injury Settlement Trust. Established in 2006 with an initial funding of $3.96 billion.
- Western Asbestos Settlement Trust. Established in 2004 with an initial funding of $2 billion.